Home About Me Teaching Tips Class Themes Contact Me Social Studies Science Math Reading

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Multiple Intelligence Surveys for Differentiating Instruction

It is something that we have always heard about as educators: differentiating instruction. It's easier said than done for sure, but it is so vital to classroom instruction. Teachers spend a lot of time creating lessons that attempt to utilize different learning styles for instruction. One of the ways that I try to make sure that I am successful with differentiating instruction is by giving my students multiple intelligence surveys. If you search online, you can find TONS of examples to use with students at various ages. When students are done completing these surveys, the results make it very obvious what their strongest and weakest learning styles are. The data can then be used to help create whole group and small group instruction. These surveys are very powerful tools in the tool belt of a teacher. Chances are that your school may require these forms for RTI. If they don't, I would highly suggest using them to help with RTI services.

Sometime soon I will be creating my own versions of these multiple intelligence surveys. When they are completed, I will definitely post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment