Home About Me Teaching Tips Class Themes Contact Me Social Studies Science Math Reading

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Class Dojo: Behavior Management Software

Class Dojo has to be one of my most favorite things that I have implemented in my teaching. It is behavior management software that is FREE! 



It is so easy to use! All you do is sign up for an account. Then you create a classroom group. Type in your student's names and they will receive an avatar. You reward students with positive behavior by clicking on the desired positive behavior, in which they receive a point. You can also deduct points for negative behavior. 

I would login to my teacher computer and put this on the projector during small group time. I also downloaded the app for iPad. When at the small group table, I could add or deduct points from the small group table! When students earn a positive point, it rings a bell. When they lose a point, it makes a gong sound. 

I used a Class Dojo points reward system for prizes. For example, if they earned five points, they get a sticker. 10 points would be a sweet treat. 15 points was no shoes. 20 points would be writing with my crazy pens. 25 points would be chewing gum. 30 points would be lunch with a friend. 35 points would be sit in the teacher's chair. 40 points would be iPad time. Any students who received above that in a month would get bonus prizes. 

I reset my Dojo every month and the prizes start all over. I wasn't sure if this would work, but my students loved going through the levels each month. 

This has been a lifesaver for me and it has been easy to keep up with consistently.

Click here to get a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment